Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

**Urgent**

• Please log in to reply

ForeColor

ForeColor

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi, I was reading the topic before posting a hijackthis log. I have major problems. I was doing disk cleanup like it said. It finished scanning the thing and showed my free space I would recieve. It said 232GB, 1. My harddrive is only 140GB. So that didn't make sense. I told some of my friends online and took a pic, and we were talking about it. They finally said I should just go ahead and clean it up. While it was cleaning up, I was disctracted by a movie on tv, and wasn't paying attention to my computer screen. I looked at it, and was like O.O I immediatly canceled disk cleanup it was removing all my files it possibly could. I found that majority of my Program Files were missing, Documents, Quick Launch Buttons, All start menu items were gone, only thing it left was the folders. If anyone could help me out as soon as possible, would be greatly appreciated, I know other people are in front of me, I'm nervous about turning off my computer, I don't know if it will boot back up again. Thank you.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Please check your private messages re this problem.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's keep our work on the board where other's might benefit, too.